1. To lose weight, you have to kill it in the gym. That is not the case. One can be on crutches and still lose weight by maintaining a healthy diet. Since you have a balanced diet, you don’t need extra workout in the gym.
2. If I kill it in the gym, then I can eat whatever I want. This can’t happen. You cannot get out exercise a bad diet. It’s like 80% diet and 20% exercise.
3. All calories are equal. No. 100 calories of broccoli are not the same as 100 calories of chips.
4. Carbs make you fat: no. This is one of the biggest misconceptions in the world. Everyone is trying to lose weight avoid potatoes and rice. Obviously, if you’re going to eat carbs like potato chips, pastries, that will increase your weight. Your body runs on carbohydrates. They are the fuel.
5. Arm workouts will make you lose arm fat; leg workout will make you lose leg fat. That’s not the case. It is scientifically proven that you cannot target a weight loss. You can make your muscles strong and look better, but you can’t lose weight from a specific area.
6. Simply adding fruits and vegetables to your diet will make you lose weight. If you put fruits and vegetables in your diet the right way you’re going to see the results but simply just adding them to your diet might just make it worse.
Myths are there to stay but honestly it is up to you whether you are going to follow these things or not. With that being said, you might as well realize the facts as well identify which aren’t factual.