While catering to building strong bones, the two key nutrients required are calcium and vitamin D. While Calcium gives support to the bones and teeth structure density, vitamin D, on the other hand, improves absorption rate of Calcium and bone growth.
7 food items that can help promote healthy bones are:-
1) Yogurt: A cup of yogurt can be a delicious and nutritious way to get your daily dosage of calcium.
2) Milk: The reason behind milk being the poster child for calcium is that8 ounces of fat-free milk caters to 90 calories, but provide with 30% of calcium.
3) Cheese: Although cheese is packed with calcium, it doesn’t mean you need to eat it in excess quantities. Studies suggest that just 1.5 ounces of cheddar cheese contain within it, more than 30% of calcium.
4) Sardines: Although they are a tiny variety of fish, often found in cans, they cater to surprisingly high levels of vitamin D and calcium.
5) Eggs: Although eggs only cater to 6% of your daily dosage of vitamin D, they are a relatively quicker and easy way to get it.
6) Tuna: It is a fatty fish, is a good source of vitamin D. Just 3 ounces contain 39% vitamin D.
7) spinach: A cup of spinach has almost 25% of your daily dosage of calcium.
These foods are sure to keep joints strong and bones healthy even at an old age when taken on a regular basis.